- 1 1/2 lbs trout filet, skin on, rinced in cold water and pated dry with a towel
- 4 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 table spoons honey
- 1/2 tea spoon flake salt
- 1/2 tea spoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grilled pistachios
- 1 green onion
- 1 pink grapefruit (zest, supremes and juice)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 250g labneh cheese
- Place the grill in the center of the oven and preheat it to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Mix 2 table spoons of olive oil, honey, salt & pepper, 1 tea spoon of zest and 2
table spoons of juice collected from the pink grapefruit.
- Place the trout filets on a baking tray and pour the marinade over the fish and
let marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the green onion and fennel bulb extra thin.
- In a bowl, mix the onion, fennel, pink grapefruit supremes, the remaining olive
oil, grapefruit juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the trout in the pre-heated oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the
trout is cooked to point.
- Serve with a spoon full of labneh smeared on the plate, topped with the fennel
salad and toasted pistachios. Enjoy!